I use gluten-free plain flour for these gluten-free walnut cupcakes. It is available in specialty food stores and in most supermarkets.
You can easily swap walnuts with pecans if you wish.
10oz (300g) gluten-free plain flour
6oz (175g) oz caster sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp butter, melted
10fl oz (300ml) milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
5oz (150g) roughly chopped walnuts
3oz (90g) chopped dates
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt together in a bowl.
4. Beat together eggs, butter, milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and stir until nearly combined.
5. Stir in walnuts and dates.
6. Spoon mixture into cupcake trays.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.