I like to bake these Strawberry cupcakes in a teacup. Everyone loves the look of them. I hope you like them.
4oz (125g) butter
4 tablespoons strawberry conserve
4oz (125g) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4oz (125g) self-raising flour
icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Grease 6 heavy, round teacups with butter (or 12 espresso cups).
3. Spoon 2 teaspoons strawberry conserve in the bottom of each teacup.
4. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla essence.
6. Sift in the flour and fold in to the mixture.
7. Spoon the mixture into the teacups.
8. Stand the cups in a roasting pan, then pour in enough hot water to come one-third of the way up the sides of the cups.
9. Bake for 40 minutes or until well risen and gold brown. When a skewer, inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, they are cooked.
10. Leave the cupcakes to cool for 2-3 minutes, then lift the cups from the pan and place on saucers.
11. Dust with icing sugar and serve.