Plum and Almond Cupcakes
I love almonds but these plum and almond cupcakes can easily be swapped to plum and hazelnut cupcakes. Both variations are delicious.
3 oz (90g) butter,
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup sour cream
4 plums, deseeded and chopped
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C (375F).
2. Line cupcake trays with cupcake papers.
3. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in sifted flour, almonds, and sour cream until just combined.
6. Fold in plum.
7. Spoon mixture into cupcake trays.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of a plum and almond cupcake comes out clean.
9. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
10. Dust with icing sugar.