Gluten Free Cake Recipes
My son has a gluten intolerance so I have been searching for years for gluten free cake recipes. Once I found this recipe I knew it was a real "winner".
I make these lemon and passionfruit cupcakes for my son, however, he doesn't usually get to eat many as the whole family enjoys them.
Gluten-free flour is easily available now and can usually be found in supermarkets.
6 egg whites
1 3/4 cups gluten-free icing sugar mixture, sifted
1 cup almond meal
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
6oz (185g) butter, melted
2/3 cup gluten-free plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
2. Line trays with cupcake liners.
3. Place lightly beaten egg whites in a large bowl. Add icing sugar, almond meal, lemon rind, butter and sifted flour. Whist until just combines.
4. Spoon mixture into trays until three-quarters full.
5. Top with passion fruit pulp. Using a skewer, swirl pulp through batter to create a marbled effect.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Stand for one minute before turning onto a wire rack to cool.