I love the texture of coconut cupcakes.
4oz (125g) butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 flaked coconut
1 green cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Line cupcake tray with paper liners.
3. Beat butter, sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla essence with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
5. Sift flour and baking powder over mixture.
6. Add milk and 1/2 cup coconut. Stir to combine and fold through apple.
7. Spoon mixture into liners.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Stand in tray for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
10. Put icing sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence in a bowl.
11. Add 2 tablespoons of hot water and stir until combined.
12. Spoon over cupcakes and top with remaining coconut.