Best Cupcake Recipe
I was given this recipe for plum and hazelnut cupcakes a couple of years ago. If I don't have fresh plums, I use tinned plums (drained).
It is the best cupcake recipe and the recipe that is definitely my family's favourite. I hope you like it.
3oz (100g) buter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
1/2 cup sour cream
4 plums, deseeded, chopped
icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Line cupcake trays with paper liners.
3. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in sifted flour, ground hazelnuts and sour cream until combined.
6. Fold in plums.
7. Spoon mixture into cases.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Stand in trays for a couple of minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
10. Dust with sifted icing sugar.